25/02/10



Oh, boy! Today i made the most offensive trade exit at least in the current year. It was all about triangle breakout. To see how much possible profit I have lost click on the chart above and see enlarged report. That super promising trade was the third in succession during the session and was opened on: 1) very strong $add relatively to ES; 2) internals in favor - no $ticks <-600 for more then an hour and 3) no WVAP ES touch, that corresponds to be bullish signal. Soon triangle pattern have clearly appeared. I was waiting for upside breakout and it have occurred. ES spiked upside w/ noticeable volume surge. But then for a couple of minutes there was no continuation of the move. I thought something was wrong with pattern, so i have placed take profit not so far from ES levels at that moment. But soon, as it should be, ES rapidly started to grow. But my trade was already off the table. Do not wish to be upset so no calculations on lost opportunity in term of per sent and $.

Nevertheless, the past sessions was pretty profitable. In the first minutes after the closing bell I entered long position on: 1) NQ w/ ER posting fresh higher highs and 2) Greece concern w/ almost no fresh news seemed to be overtaken my the market already. Nasqaq w/ Russell indeed were nicely surging after my entry. But ES was trading at one level for more then 3 minutes - too long for the first session half an hour to stay at one place - thats why I exited.

If market not climbing it will fall further. On behalf of that issue plus NQ w/ ER posting fresh lower lows and overall bullish internals I entered short position. Very soon fixed, because ES have slided too sharply. S&P 500 was down 1.7% - too much for not so bearish and unusual internals - staying problem w/ Greece. So I have fixed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ES (S&P 500 E-mini futures) trading
by Meques Moscow Finacial